Maude Trevvett Elementary School, located in the Brookland Division, was completed in 1957 and named for Miss Maude F. Trevvett, a former teacher who taught in Henrico County for 46 years. During her career in Henrico County, Miss Trevvett taught in only three schools; Yellow Tavern, Laurel, and Glen Allen. All located in the Brookland Division. Most of her teaching was at the primary level, and for many years she taught first graders. She retired from teaching in 1938. Trevvett Elementary School was built to replace Laurel Elementary and to help with the overflow from Glen Allen Elementary (which is now the Glen Allen Cultural Arts Center).